Friday, February 24, 2012

Life sometimes is so unfair.


I am looking at my computer screen wanting to write something but sometimes there are no words to explain what we feel inside. On Monday evening, one of my daughter’s basketball teammate lost her dad after a long courageous battle with leukemia.  I sit here trying to write but I go back to the day that her mom came up to me and said that all she wants is a portrait of her husband, daughter and her. Needless to say, we never got around to it. Why is that we are always going in twenty million directions. People, we need to stop a smell the coffee. I don’t want to get on a soapbox about this but the cost of a memory is priceless. We are all on this earth temporarily and we need to capture as many memories as we can with the people we love. So I am asking a favor from every one of you to please preserve your family history with a portrait. It will be the best present that you can leave your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment